Pages

Sunday 10 May 2015

Autumn star & Baby chick

Here are the next two blocks of the Farm Girls Vintage Sew-Along:



"Autumn Star" is one of my favourite blocks in the book, so I made a 12 1/2" version from some scraps and will make it into a little wallhanging:

And this is one of my planned finishes for this quarter, all quilted and ready for binding.  The weather is foul here so this is the best photo I could get.  Hopefully that will be a finish soon!

I adapted a pattern from one of Angela Waters' books, but I don't entirely love it.  I found the little scalloped echos a bit annoying - the tiny movements were harder than a continuous movement, and also the very straight line into the centre of each flower I found distracting.  I think if I did this again, I would substitute more of a ripple and use that same ripple to get into the centre, as other than the straight line I loved the effect of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment