Pages

Sunday 14 June 2015

Sunday Stash


 Here's my stash additions this week!  I'm planning on making lots of little purses, and that's the intention for most of this.  It's a mixed bag of manufacturers, I'm not entirely sure which are which at the minute!  I bought most of this at the Crafter's Basket in Cliffony, Sligo.  Here's the view from this shop:
This is Classiebawn Castle and the mountain is Ben Bulben.  Classiebawn overlooks the village of Mullaghmore, which has been in the news lately.  It is from Mullaghmore that Lord Mountbatten set off from on the day that he and 3 others were killed by a PIRA bomb planted on their boat, and Prince Charles recently visited the area.

Linking up with the Sunday Stash linky over at MolliSparkles!

11 comments:

  1. Lovely stash additions and a splendid view too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a stash haul and an amazing view too! What a story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, what a stash haul and an amazing view too! What a story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, what a stash haul and an amazing view too! What a story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eleanor: I'm dropping over from Molli Sparkles and I'm in the Sewcial Swarm too! I really like the scissors fabric and the fabric with the large flowers near the front. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet stash! These will make some wonderful purses for sure! And you have them all paired up too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT a view...googled it and learned some pretty interesting things about Mullaghmore! Wonderful summery looking fabric for purses. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what pretty additions to your stash! Certain to become beautiful new bags. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are pretty additions for sure. I had to do a double take...is that a castle in that picture? Then I read on and it is :) Pretty sure you will find a view like that near where I live. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun bunch of additions to your stash this week! I love the combos you have with the abstract and floral prints!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I spent a lovely holiday in and around mullaghmore back around 1982 . The scenery was glorious . Shame it was associated with something sad .

    ReplyDelete