Pages

Thursday 25 June 2015

The finishes are going to come thick and fast...

and here's the next one:
I thought this wasn't going to happen.  As I said in my last post, I had this in the car to finish sewing the binding and it picked up a couple of dirty marks.  I was dubious about the colour running, but thankfully it didn't!  It's a little crinkly though, despite all my best efforts.  Boo.

Here's a photo of it in the window to try and make it look a bit more stained glass, but it's a dull day here today.  It was one of my oldest UFOs, so I'll be glad when I have it hanging.

Once that went ok, I got into a bit of a whirlwind and got loads done.  Everything that follows has been done from Saturday til yesterday - I was in such a blur I didn't stop to take photos.  I spent today in the car going to and from the airport.

This is quilted and 3/4 bound (most of binding sewn in car today):

"Are you honestly still trying to get photos of me?"


 "Fine, here I am, looking cute."

Incidentally, see all the tufts of thread in the second photo of this?  My machine was fine to begin with, but then went a bit bonkers, and the thread kept catching around the lowered feed dogs.  I couldn't tell for ages that that's what it was catching on, and once I did I decided to put the feed dogs back up and that solved everything, thank goodness.
 I pieced this along with the next two FGV blocks (I'll post those on Friday) and quilted it; just some straight line quilting and binding to go.
 I also pieced this - I intend quilting this in the next quarter finish along.  Just needs its borders now.  I also had this in pink, discovered a mistake and have it all ripped and ready to re-assemble.
 "OMG, I love quilt tops!"
 "Haha, I move too fast for your camera!"
 "Wheeeeeee!"
 "Well,that display of enthusiasm was embarrassing, going to hide now"

Anyway, the colours weren't great when I took them inside, here it is outside.  I love the specific green and blue that are in this, just lovely.

I also got more quilted on my monkeys quilt, and it is about 95% finished.  I have high hopes of having almost all on my list finished by the end of the month!  Unfortunately, I'll lose tomorrow as we're making silage... oh, what fun!

2 comments:

  1. Think blue and green combo is my all-time fave. Perdie is really a beauty! She should show this side more often; what a princess...then again, she is so much like my Bella, scurrying under quilts, lolling about, backbending, etc on a flimsy, or a quilt or fabric...I think they all get a memo to do that. The stained glass reminds me of Frank Lloyd Wright. You have been a busy bee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your finishes are really rolling in, aren't they?! I'm looking forward to seeing your blue and green top quilted and finished next quarter, hint hint!

    *Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad*

    ReplyDelete